Home Office Upgrades
Due to Covid-19, working from home has become the new normal. Since home offices are becoming a staple in homes, now’s a good time to upgrade from a temporary set up to something more permanent and comfortable, to make you the best working version of yourself. Here’s a few ways to upgrade your office space to something of design envy.
- An ergonomic office chair. If you’re going to be spending 8 plus hours at a desk, make it comfortable. For high end models, look for refurbished to save a few dollars. You an also find brick and mortar offices having close-out sales.
- Organize your cables. You aren’t plugging and unplugging for a potential move back to the office so now is the time to get the spiderweb in check. Upgrade your keyboard and mouse to wireless to eliminate cables and clip and label others to keep the back of your system neat and tidy.
- Upgrade your desk. Everyone purchased an inexpensive minimalist desk that was meant to be temporary but now that you’re in a permanent state go for something more long term functional and comfortable. Look into a standing desk so you don’t have to sit all day or something bigger that you can spread everything you need, out on.
- Repaint and upgrade your lighting- Set the perfect productive mood with a new coat of paint and clear lighting with immediately put you in a great mood. For a more calming effect, go for something with a light blue or violet undertone. For brightening, go for yellow or green. For lighting, go for LED with at least 600 lumens.
- Set-up a coffee cart. Create your own office mini bar by adding a single serve coffee machine with upgraded teas and coffees as well as a few of your favorite snacks. Tiny refrigerators are also budget friendly and reduce the need for kitchen runs.
- Upgrade your speakers. Since you don’t have cubicle mates or HR staring over your shoulder, go for a higher end Bluetooth speaker. When you aren’t on calls or meetings, you can jam out to your favorite tunes while being productive. Who said work has to be lame?
- Go personal. No need to limit yourself to a single-family photo. Create a vision board or a whole collage of your loved ones. Your space should inspire you to greatness!
- Add a relaxation corner. Got a stressful job? Create a corner with a bean bag chair, hanging seat or anything comfortable. Accent it all with pillows and throw blankets then mist with lavender for an extra dose of relaxation. It’s perfect for a lunch time siesta, a post meeting cool down or just a lounge and veg out on paperwork while not at your desk.
- Add plants. They immediately bring a little bit of outside in while improving your mood and reducing fatigue.
Want to completely remodel your office? We can help! Call SERVPRO® of Greater Waco 254-224-5999