Back to School - Pandemic Edition
The year 2020 has become almost synonymous with the COVID-19 pandemic. Here at SERVPRO® of Greater Waco, we continue to provide cleaning for confirmed cases of the virus for residential and commercial properties. Amidst this, we have students, teachers and support staff returning to campuses or preparing for virtual instruction with modifications to keep everyone safe. Understandably so, many individuals may be anxious about the school year moving forward and are looking for ways to show our support for all the teachers stepping back into the classroom (real or virtual).
There are some things that teachers just need in general, so I compiled a list of items that you could put together to create a care package to show your support and help these unsung heroes during this crazy unpredictable school year.
- Gift cards to fast food joints, grocery stores. Though they may not get enough time to eat, teachers get hungry. Feed them whenever possible.
- Hand sanitizer/hand soap. Kids always seem like they’re sticky even though there is nothing sticky in sight. Help teachers fight sticky hands, get them some soap.
- Disinfecting wipes/spray are in high demand. Grab a couple for your teachers if you see any.
- Treats. Teachers get very busy that they do not have time to have an actual meal. Help fuel these unsung heroes with healthy snacks like fruit, dark chocolate, protein bars and protein shakes.
- Energy drinks/coffee. Late nights grading and lesson planning require caffeine. Get that teacher some go-juice for those groggy mornings.
No matter what you send in your care package, your teachers will be grateful.